Homestead Exemption Application Instructions
Click images to enlarge:
Your application (25 KB), once completed, together with copies of the required documents, may be filed in person at one of our office locations or mailed by March 1st to the address on the right.
Complete the Homestead Exemption Application Form (25 KB) with a BLACK INK pen as follows:
- Alternate Key Number or Property Identification (ID) Number – Write in your 7-digit Alternate Key Number or 18-digit Property ID Number (obtained from your tax bill or by doing a search for your property).
- Mailing Address – Write in your mailing address
- Physical Address – Write in the physical address of the property that you are applying for homestead exemption on.
- Exemptions – Please check a box to indicate the type of exemption for which you are making application.
- Applicant Name – Write in the name of the person filing for exemption. If married, please write in the name of our your spouse even if he or she is not filing for exemption or does not have any ownership interest in the property.
- Are you or your spouse currently receiving any permanent-residency based tax benefits on any other property? – Check Yes or No if you or your spouse are receiving homestead exemption, school tax relief, tax rebate or credit, rollback, or any other property tax exemption that is based on your residency status. If the answer is yes, please list the complete address of that property.
- Did you have Homestead last year? – Check Yes or No if you received an exemption prior to moving into this home.
- If yes, what county and state? – If you received an exemption prior to moving into this home, write in the name of the county and state. If you did not receive an exemption, write in the address where you lived last year.
- Date you LAST became a permanent resident of Florida – The date you moved to Florida to live here permanently (the last time if you have lived in and out of the state).
- Date of occupancy – The date you moved to this property.
- Do you or your spouse have an out of state driver’s license or vehicle? – Check Yes or No if you or your spouse have a driver license issued by another state or a vehicle with a license plate issued by another state. If yes, write the name of the state.
- Florida Driver License Number – Number and issue date of your driver’s license or identification card. ATTACH A COPY
- Florida Vehicle Tag Number – Tag number on your license plate. ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- Lake County Florida Voter Registration Number – The number on your Lake County, Florida voter card, (if U.S. Citizen). ATTACH A COPY
- Immigration Number – (Resident Alien Card if not a citizen of the United States) Write in the number on your permanent residence card and ATTACH A COPY (Front and Back of card must be submitted).
- Date of Birth – Date you were born
- Social Security Number – Write in your number and your spouse’s number.
- Marital Status – Check the appropriate box: Single, Married, Widow, Widower or Divorced
- Affidavit of Florida Resident – If applicable, write in the record book and page number of the affidavit as recorded in the public records and ATTACH A COPY. This document is not optional if you are a Resident Alien)
- Current Employer – Write in the name of your current employer
- Address Listed on your last IRS Return – List the address you used when you filed your previous year’s Income Tax Return.
- Signature – All owners making application MUST sign the form.
- Date – Write in the current date (month, day and year)
- Phone number – Write in your home telephone number or cell phone number including the area code.
Make sure all required documentation is attached for each owner filing for exemption and mail or bring all items to one of our office locations.
You may contact our office at (352) 253-2154 with any questions you may have concerning your application.
Download the free Adobe Reader
in order to view the PDF documents.